“Rain squall over the Bell Rock Light” unveiled
Commissioned by the Northern Lighthouse Board in 2010 to commemorate the
Bi Centenary of the lighting of the Bell Rock in 1811
The Princess Royal unveiled the painting at the launch of the 200 years celebrations at Holyrood Palace Edinburgh on 3rd February 2011
The painting has been donated to the NLB and will hang in their headquarters in
George St Edinburgh for a year then be passed on to Lighthouse Heritage Trust.
The painting was completed from drawings and photographs done on a previous visit to the Bell Rock by the artist as a GSA student in 1968